Punjab CM Buzdar suspends juvenile jail staff on poor arrangements
After his arrival at the airport, the chief minister also visited Model Bazar affected by fire. He stopped his vehicle upon seeing the Model Bazar affectees and alighted from the vehicle.
He inspected the model bazar and assured the affectees of compensation of their damages, saying that sympathies of the Punjab government were with them.
He said estimates of damages of stalls and shops which were burnt would be made and immediate steps would be taken for reconstruction.
He directed Deputy Commissioner Bahawalpur Shozab Saeed to submit an early report about estimates of the damages.
'This is Naya Pakistan': PM Imran praises ... 02:54 PM | 27 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD — Prime Minister Imran Khan Thursday got impressed with the humbleness of Chief Minister of Punjab Sardar ...
Later, the chief minister visited Borstal Institute Juveniles Jail where superintendent jail was absent. He inspected the barracks of Juveniles and asked the prisoners about the facilities provided to them.
He talked to the Juveniles and asked about weather condition. "Tell me about any other problem so that it could be solved," he added.
He also inspected the dining room and the kitchen to examine the dining facilities. He checked the food being provided to the prisoners.
The chief minister asked the Superintendent if food was available for prisoners. However, he expressed his displeasure over finding the empty crockery and reprimanded the jail staff.
He asked when the juveniles were provided food and he was told that dinner was served to the prisoners by 4:30 PM.
Buzdar also directed to get the nonfunctioning TV of the barracks repaired. He added that Juveniles should be provided necessary facilities in their barracks.
Chief Secretary, IG Police, ACS (Home), spokesman to CM Dr. Shahbaz Gill and others were present on the occasion.
CM Buzdar also paid a surprise visit to Bahawal Victoria Hospital and talked to the patients and their attendants in the emergency ward.
Patients expressed their satisfaction over the arrangements. He also went to different wards and pharmacy of the hospital.
Buzdar would also preside over a meeting of Punjab Cabinet on the second day of his visit. The meeting will review problems of Bahawalpur and other districts and law and order situation will be examined in a special meeting as well.
The chief minister will also be given a briefing about development schemes. He will hold meetings with parliamentarians, party workers, delegations of lawyers and Bahawalpur Chamber of Commerce.
- Pakistan tough team to play in T20 format, says Kiwi skipper ahead of ...02:05 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Lifetime disqualification: Pakistan’s top judge terms Article ...12:54 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yamaha increases motorbike prices by up to Rs15,500 (Check new rates ...12:22 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan Army Chief to receive enhanced honour cordon at Pentagon ...11:58 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Hareem Shah gets temporary relief from arrest in money laundering case11:05 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mashup of two songs with young fan Arshman11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022