Wasim Akram set to hold press conference after viral video leak, what will he say?
LAHORE – Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram has taken the country by storm since a video featuring the Sultan of Swing was ‘leaked’ this week.
In the video, which was recorded from a mobile phone, the former cricket legend is heard supposedly criticising the current state of affairs of cricket in the country. “Woi puraane tareeke (Same old ways)... ragad ke rakh dia hai (it has crushed us).”
“Change karne ke liye thode tareeke badalne padte hain (To bring about a change, new methods should be introduced)... soch badalni padti hai (we have to change our thinking). Kuch naya bhi karlo bhai (try out some new things)," Akram can be heard saying in the video making rounds on the internet.
"But I have a perfect solution for this problem," the legendary pacer continues, adding that they boast about themselves but in reality, those are just plain words.
Curiosity breeds criticism, but while everybody remains oblivious to what Akram was referring to in the video went viral on Thursday, his ex-fellow cricketer Shoaib Akhtar was quick to lend support to Wasim Akram to bring a “change”.
Similarly, TV anchor Waseem Badami shared a video on Twitter to back Wasim Akram in ‘fixing’ the problem. (Tagrra Ragraa)
Soon after Akram’s video spread like a wildfire, he responded on Facebook Friday afternoon with an announcement that he would be holding a press conference today (Saturday) at 8:50pm to talk about the leaked video.
He also asked his fans not to share the video on their social media.
Let's wait till Wasim Akram clears the air about his video. Stay tuned!
- Roof collapse incident kills three of a family in Jhang11:17 AM | 29 Jan, 2020
- WHO asks int’l community to remain calm on outbreak of coronavirus ...10:31 AM | 29 Jan, 2020
- ECC likely to approve hike in gas prices today10:00 AM | 29 Jan, 2020
- UNHCR appreciates Pakistan for hosting millions of Afghan refugees09:18 AM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019