Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman terms anti-corruption purge 'shock therapy'
"You have a body that has cancer everywhere, the cancer of corruption. You need to have chemo, the shock of chemo, or the cancer will eat the body," said the 32-year-old Crown Prince in an interview with Washington Post, published Tuesday night.
Saudi Arabia arrests 11 princes, dozens of ... 10:41 AM | 5 Nov, 2017
JEDDAH - Saudi Arabia arrested 11 princes and dozens of current and former ministers in a sweeping crackdown as the ...
Salman, known by the initials MBS declared that the kingdom couldn’t meet budget targets without halting this looting.
Regarding the shuffle in the top military brass, the crown prince noted that the shake-up announced by his father, King Salman, was aimed at installing 'high energy' people who could achieve modernization targets.
"We want to work with believers," the crown prince asserted in his conversation with the US paper.
Let it be known that the 82-year-old King Salman issued a series of royal decrees late Monday reshuffling the defence and civil establishment.
Saudi King Salman replaces top military ... 09:08 AM | 27 Feb, 2018
RIYADH - In a sweeping overhaul, Saudi King Salman is shaking up the top ranks of the forces with the appointment of ...
The monarch has replaced the commanders of the ground forces and air defences, as well as senior officials at the interior ministry.
As per the details, Chief of Staff Abdul Rahman bin Saleh al-Bunyan has been terminated from services, while Fayyad al-Ruwaili had been appointed as his replacement.
The king ordered Lt. Gen. Muhammad Suhaim, commander of the Air Defense Forces, to retire and promoted Maj. Gen. Muzaid Al-Amr to this key position.
Lt. Gen. Fahd Bin Turki, commander of the Land Forces, has been relieved of the post and was appointed as commander of the Joint Forces. Maj. Gen. Fahd Al-Mutair was promoted to Lt. Gen. and appointed as commander of the Land Forces.
Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal freed after two ... 04:05 PM | 27 Jan, 2018
RIYADH - Saudi Arabian Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has been released from detention, family sources said on Saturday. The ...
Maj. Gen. Mutlaq Al-Azaimie was promoted to Lt. Gen. and appointed as deputy chief of staff, while Maj. Gen. Jarallah Al-Olwait promoted to Lt. Gen. and appointed as commander of the Strategic Missiles Force.
Similarly, Maj. Gen. Turki Bin Bandar was promoted to Lt. Gen. and appointed as commander of the Air Forces.
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Imran’s cabinet announces major decision about moon sighting ...09:48 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Young doctor shot dead by robbers upon resistance in Lahore’s ...09:05 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Watch - Ali Zafar shares BTS fun video from ‘Larsha Pekhawar’ ...03:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021