US calls for talks between Islamabad, New Delhi amid ceasefire violations by India
State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert stated this while responding to a question regarding the US role to ease ongoing border tension between the two nuclear powers of the South Asia region during a news conference on Tuesday.
“We think that both sides would certainly have to sit down and have talks about that," she said.
The India and Pakistan issue was also highlighted by a top American general while giving his testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee.
Indian ceasefire violations on LoC threat to ... 09:57 AM | 25 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has lodged strong protest over unprovoked Indian ceasefire violations on Line of Control, ...
On Tuesday, Indian forces resorted to heavy mortar shelling at about 8:30 am and, as usual, they targeted the civilian population. A mortar shell struck a house in Dharoti Naari village leaving a 13-year-old boy dead. The deceased was identified as Zain Ibrahim. The latest aggressive spree pushed the death toll in ceasefire violations to at least 14 in the ongoing year.
On Feb 23, the Indian troops martyred 19-year-old Inzamam Ameen, who was working at a crush plant at Poonch river bank in Titri.
On Feb 15, the Indian occupation forces also deliberately targeted a school van leaving the children severely traumatized and martyring the driver. The ceasefire violations by India are a threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation.
According to Foreign Office, despite calls for restraint, India continues to indulge in ceasefire violations. It said, “In 2018, the Indian forces have carried out more than 335 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the Working Boundary, leaving several Pakistani's dead.
Pakistan has also been lodged protest with Indias High Commission J.P Singh over the unprovoked firing at the borders, but New Delhi is pursuing the policy of agitation as no positive response received from it yet.
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- HRW says India's ruling BJP targeting Modi govt critics12:22 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Police submit challan against Mufti Aziz in student abuse case11:58 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand cricket team’s decision leaves Pakistanis in shock and ...11:42 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- British envoy denies role in cancellation of New Zealand cricket ...11:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021