Dr Sultan bin Mohammad Al Qasimi unveils new archaeological project
His Highness, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah unveiled the discovery of inscriptions engraved on a tomb that date back to the third century BC, in the presence of His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah. The historical treasure was discovered by a Belgium expedition from the Royal Museums of Art and History in Brussels, in collaboration with the team of the Directorate of Antiquities at the Sharjah Department of Culture and Information. The recovered treasure features inscriptions engraved on a huge grave consisting of an underground burial chamber measuring 5.20 square meters. The inscription, written in Aramaic and southern Arabic language, carries the name of Amad bin Jar bin Ali Kahin, the king of ancient Kingdom of Oman, and his identity and descendent.
The inscriptions also include the date when the Tomb was built. It says the tomb dates back to90 or 96 according to the Greyhound history, equivalent to the year 221/222, or 216/215 BC, making it the oldest historical discovery that refers to Oman and also proves that the ancient Kingdome of Oman existed in the late third century BC.
The announcement was made by His Highness the Ruler of Sharjah when he inaugurated the first phase of the Meliha Archaeological and Eco-tourism Project, which is one of the most important tourist and archaeological projects in the UAE, and the largest of its kind in the Central Region of the Emirate of Sharjah. His Highness the Ruler of Sharjah, launched the Mleiha Archaeological Centre, the first phase of the project, which displays ancient relics found at Mleiha. The centre takes visitors on a tour through Mleiha’s history over three millenniums in its separate sections. The centre will be constantly updated as new findings are uncovered through ongoing excavation work and placed on display there.
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:03 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...08:56 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan seal ODI series victory over Netherlands08:28 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's latest photoshoot draws severe backlash05:40 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal’s new photoshoot draws severe backlash06:10 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022