Swiss army 'steals' French water for thirsty cows
The operation at the Rousses Lake in the Jura mountains caught French officials by surprise. They said the mission was not authorised.
Swiss media said the country's army had asked for permission from the French air force - not local authorities.
The water was needed to save the cows from dehydration during a heat wave.
Christophe Mathez, deputy mayor of France's Les Rousses commune, said local officials had "no idea this operation would occur", an American news agency reported.
However, Swiss military official Denis Froidevaux told the Swiss newspaper Le Matin: "As soon as they contacted us, we realised there was a communication problem and we immediately stopped."
The Swiss air operation also startled local residents and tourists swimming in the lake, reports say.
- SC’s Justice Qazi FaezIsa to hear contempt case against Fawad ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan, India foreign ministers may meet in UAE08:44 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021