Pakistan cricket team salaries: You won't believe who earns the most
Hafeez took home approximately Rs. 39 million from Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in the fiscal year 2015-16, the Press Trust of India reported on Thursday, making him the highest earner across all three formats of the game.
Over the past two years, the Board has been increasing fees and monthly central contract retainers.
In the PCB's players' wage bill, cricketrs representing the national side in all three formats were among the highest earners. Wicketkeeper-batsman Sarfraz Ahmed earned around Rs. 33 million rupees, whereas former T20I captain Shahid Afridi earned Rs. 18 million.
The documents also confirmed that the board has been heavily subsidizing domestic cricket.
List of top-earning players:
1. Mohammad Hafeez (Rs39 million)
2. Sarfraz Ahmed (Rs33 million)
3. Azhar Ali (Rs30 million)
4. Wahab Riaz (Rs29 million)
5. Ahmed Shehzad (Rs28 million)
6. Shoaib Malik (Rs26 million)
7. Younus Khan (Rs24 million)
8. Misbahul Haq (Rs24 million)
9. Asad Shafiq (Rs20 million)
10. Shahid Afridi (Rs18 million)
11. Umar Akmal (Rs18 million)
12. Rahat Ali (Rs17 million)
13. Mohammad Irfan (Rs15 million)
14. Muhammad Rizwan (Rs14 million)
15. Junaid Khan (Rs13 million)
16. Anwar Ali (Rs12 million)
17. Zulfiqar Babar (Rs11 million)
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PTI govt to lose another finance minister today08:08 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021