Pakistan cricket team salaries: You won't believe who earns the most
Hafeez took home approximately Rs. 39 million from Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in the fiscal year 2015-16, the Press Trust of India reported on Thursday, making him the highest earner across all three formats of the game.
Over the past two years, the Board has been increasing fees and monthly central contract retainers.
In the PCB's players' wage bill, cricketrs representing the national side in all three formats were among the highest earners. Wicketkeeper-batsman Sarfraz Ahmed earned around Rs. 33 million rupees, whereas former T20I captain Shahid Afridi earned Rs. 18 million.
The documents also confirmed that the board has been heavily subsidizing domestic cricket.
List of top-earning players:
1. Mohammad Hafeez (Rs39 million)
2. Sarfraz Ahmed (Rs33 million)
3. Azhar Ali (Rs30 million)
4. Wahab Riaz (Rs29 million)
5. Ahmed Shehzad (Rs28 million)
6. Shoaib Malik (Rs26 million)
7. Younus Khan (Rs24 million)
8. Misbahul Haq (Rs24 million)
9. Asad Shafiq (Rs20 million)
10. Shahid Afridi (Rs18 million)
11. Umar Akmal (Rs18 million)
12. Rahat Ali (Rs17 million)
13. Mohammad Irfan (Rs15 million)
14. Muhammad Rizwan (Rs14 million)
15. Junaid Khan (Rs13 million)
16. Anwar Ali (Rs12 million)
17. Zulfiqar Babar (Rs11 million)
- Pakistan dispatches free medicines worth Rs25mn to Afghanistan12:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021