Poor widow from Liaqat Poor stuck with wrong electricity bill that she can't even imagine paying
According to reports, the widow, from the Liaquat Poor area, was shell shocked when she received a monthly electricity bill of "One Lac Eighty Three Thousand Rupees (Rs. 183000/-)". The poor woman, who simply cannot afford to pay the hefty amount, said that the bill had shocked her given that she only used an electricity lamp and a fan in her home.
The woman went on to claim that she was not helped when she went to the local WAPDA office for correction of the bill. She also raised the matter with Minister for Water and Power Khawaja Asif and State Minister Abid Sher Ali, but has so far received no reply from them.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:36 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 21 October 202108:47 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan becomes 'fourth most expensive' country in world12:20 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: South Africa beat Pakistan in warm-up match11:44 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani doctor elected to top US health institution National ...11:18 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Mansha Pasha celebrates birthday with friends and family04:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drugs case: Aryan Khan’s bail plea rejected by Mumbai court03:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar and Shoaib Malik’s new bold photos set internet on fire02:00 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021