Pakistan observes World Earth Hour
The event was arranged on the call of WWF-Pakistan and aimed to preserve the natural environment of the earth.
A candle lighting ceremony was held at Qarshi University to celebrate Earth Hour in Lahore city. Hamza Ali Abbasi, Saeed Ajmal and Ali Noor, Earth Hour Ambassadors 2015 were present on the occasion. The event was also attended by environment enthusiasts, academia, media persons and general public.
During the hour lights were also switched off at landmark buildings including Badshahi Mosque, Minar-e-Pakistan, State Bank, Lahore Museum, Post Master General Office and GPO Building.
WWF-Pakistan Director General Hammad Naqi Khan urged the whole nation to become part of world's largest campaign.
“Use Your Power to Change Climate Change is the theme for this year’s Earth Hour which gives a strong message to reduce our carbon footprint and mitigate climate change so that the intensity of extreme weathering events can be reduced to a significant level," he said.
Earth Hour received a overwhelming support from the Federal and Provincial Governments as well.
- Maria B lauds Lahore school for removing trans activist Dr Mehrub ...09:56 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- US woman charged with murder for ‘kiss of death’ to prisoner09:29 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani filmmakers invited to submit their work for Oscar Award08:16 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- TikTok star Romaisa Khan's new dance video goes viral07:10 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022