IHC grants Asif Zardari, Faryal Talpur protective bail till April 10 in money laundering case
The two-member bench, consisting of Justice Amir Farooq and Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kiani, heard the pre-arrest bail pleas, filed by the PPP leadership whereas during proceedings Asif Ali Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur were present in the court. The bench after listening to the parties granted the bail.
It is pertinent to mention that Asif Ali Zardari and Faryal Talpur Wednesday filed a pre-arrest bail plea stating that they feared arrest by the NAB as they were summoned by the corruption watchdog in multiple and undisclosed inquiries being carried out against them.
The applicants feared that they might be arrested by the NAB and pleaded the court for granting pre-arrest bail until the trial was completed.
The applicants had made NAB high officials, respondents in the application.
- Pakistan Army ranked among world’s top 10 strongest militaries08:09 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Eight missing as strong winds knock over two fishing boats near Thatta07:40 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Honda increases car prices by up to Rs126,00006:51 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Usman Mukhtar opens up about his equation with Naimal Khawar05:25 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- 'Main Chala’ - Salman Khan shares the teaser of his latest music ...04:33 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021