Railways to soon fill 1470 vacant posts through NTS
Besides, the Department would also re-induct 118 retired train drivers, an official in the Ministry told media.
He said that around 81,568 employees are on pay roll of Pakistan Railways against the sanctioned strength of about 95,000. Giving details, he said, at present, around 6390 employees are working in Pakistan Railways Police and were assigned the duties of security and safety of Railway assets i.e. railway installations, key points, railway coaches, railway track and railway stations.
He said that they undergo specific training courses to meet with the security challenges whereas employees of Pakistan Railways are provided different types of training for relating to train operation and are not suitable/eligible for performing security related duties which is prime responsibility of the Railway Police.
To a question, he said the control rooms of Pakistan Railways are equipped with instruments to monitor the train movement, however the installation of most modern tracking system based on latest technology is under installation at the main places which control the train movement over the system.
The official said that 532 railway bridges will be revamped with the assistance of China, which were 100-year old.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-14-Updated ...09:55 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan reports highest daily coronavirus deaths in ten months09:19 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 14 April 202108:48 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan take on South Africa in 3rd T20I today08:00 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021