Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy’s "A Girl in the River" shortlisted for Oscar nomination
"A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness" is among ten other documentaries from across the world, out of which only five will be finally nominated for the award.
A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness is a SOC Films and Home Box Office (HBO) production film and is set to air in 2016.
The documentary is based on the controversial practice of “honour killing” in Pakistan and follows the story of an eighteen-year-old girl, who is a rare survivor of an honour killing attempt and falls in love with someone and lives to tell the tale.
Acclaimed journalist Tina Brown and renowned documentary producer Sheila Nevins are also among production team along with Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy.
Chinoy previously won Pakistan’s first Academy Award for her documentary "Saving Face" at the 84th Oscar Awards in 2012.
- Disappointed with PM Imran’s speech, PTI ticket holder from ...02:13 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- US formally invites Pakistan to climate change summit after initial ...12:31 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Security forces arrest five TTP terrorists in Sindh11:02 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests – Sheikh Rasheed arrives in Lahore for third round of ...10:30 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021