'Invaded and occupied': Mahathir Mohamad calls out India over Kashmir crisis
The Malaysian premier regretted that despite the UN resolutions on Jammu and Kashmir, it has been 'invaded and occupied', saying there may be reasons for this action but it is still wrong.
"The problem must be solved through peaceful means," Mahathir said adding, "Ignoring the UN would lead to other forms of disregard for the UN and the rule of law.”
On the lingering question of Palestine, the Malaysian prime minister said the first action of the United Nations was the creation of the State of Israel, seizing Arab land and expelling 90 per cent of the Arab population. The result was terrorism when there was none before, or not on the present scale, he said.
Mahathir acknowledged that Malaysia accepts Israel as a fait accompli but cannot accept Jewish settlements or occupation of Jerusalem.
Muslims, he said, are accused of terror even if they did nothing, their States are destabilized by regime change.
The prime minister said there were no massive migrations in the past, but now wars and regime change force people to flee their countries.
Turning to the fate of the Rohingya people in Myanmar, he noted many colonies in the West had expelled natives from their countries, but never as brutally as in Myanmar.
The Rohingya dare not return to Myanmar because they could not trust its military, due to the helplessness of the world in stopping atrocities.
The remarks of Malaysian premier came after Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan stressed the United Nations to thwart the impending genocide and bloodbath in the restive valley.
UNGA 74: PM Imran portrays Kashmir crisis in ... 07:40 PM | 27 Sep, 2019
NEW YORK - Prime Minister Imran Khan made his first-ever address to the United Nations General Assembly (UNG) on ...
‘The purpose of my trip is to reveal what is happening in Kashmir,’ said the premier adding that India illegally revoked article 370 that granted Kashmir a special autonomy, noting that the total number of India forces in the occupied valley stood at 900,000.
“No government has taken this stern action against terror elements. India accuses us of terrorism but We have dismantled all terror groups and I invite the UN to send its observers to witness it themselves”, said the Prime Minister.
Prime Minister Imran Khan said he loves going to India, adding that the first thing he did after assuming power was to reach out to New Delhi.
Premier Khan said he talked to Indian Premier Narendra Modi to work jointly against common challenges like climate change.
“We immediately returned the pilot [of the Indian jet shot down by Pakistan], saying we don’t want any escalation. Rather than taking that as a peace gesture, almost the entire campaign of Mr. Modi in the election was how we had taught Pakistan a lesson,” said the premier.
He brought up the issue of Indian Spy Kulbhushan Jadhav in his speech as a proof of India’s involvement in subversive activities in Pakistan.
“I spoke to PM Modi, I asked him to lets mend ways and leave the past behind despite India being involved in terrorism in Pakistan. We caught an Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav who admitted of doing terrorism in Pakistan,” the premier said.
Pakistani Prime Minister also mentioned about the curfew in Kashmir, with those in the General Assembly gallery, Chanting ‘Shame’.
- Shehbaz Sharif lastly breaks silence on resignation rumours01:59 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Over 23mn children to be vaccinated against polio in nationwide ...01:13 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- MOFA rejects assertions made against Pakistan by ex-Canadian minister12:27 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lamont Marcell Jacobs creates history as first ...11:58 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prayer leader arrested for attempt to rape two minor girls in ...11:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021