Your visa for the US could be rejected because of something your friend posted on social media
Recently, a Palestinian teenager, Ismail Ajjawi from Lebanon who was admitted to Harvard University was traveling to the US on a study visa. He was reportedly held by immigration officers at Boston Logan International Airport.
He was allegedly questioned about his religion and religious practices.
According to SBS News, the boy was later on locked in a room and a female immigration officer went through his mobile phone. She reportedly started shouting at him while pointing at a social media post that opposed the political views of USA. The teenager said that the WhatsApp post was shared by one of his friends and he has nothing to do with it.
The US immigration officers, however, canceled his visa and deported him back to Lebanon on the next flight. Michael McCarthy, a spokesman for US Customs and Border Protection Agency said, “This individual was deemed inadmissible to the United States based on information discovered during the CBP inspection.”
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020