Pakistan, Russia agree on regular consultations for Afghan peace process
ISLAMABAD – Russia's Special Representative on Afghanistan Zamir Kabulov and Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi Tuesday agreed to continue regular consultations on the Afghan peace process and support regional initiatives to bring lasting peace in Afghanistan and the region.
They agreed during a meeting here at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a press release said.
Foreign Minister Qureshi appreciated the growing international consensus on the need to settle the decades-old conflict through the political process.
Ambassador Zamir Kabulov, Special Representative of the Russian President on #Afghanistan called on FM Qureshi at MoFA today.— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) January 29, 2019
The #Russian Special Representative appreciated Pakistan's role and efforts for Afghan peace and Reconcillation. @MID_RF @KremlinRussia_E pic.twitter.com/O6rICoKqMs
Underscoring the importance of peace and stability in Afghanistan, Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that Pakistan was facilitating the ongoing talks between the US and the Taliban as a shared responsibility and in good faith.
He hoped that the talks would result in an intra-Afghan dialogue leading to lasting peace in the country.
Highlighting the role of neighbours and the regional countries in the peace process, Qureshi lauded the important contributions, Russia had made in the Afghan peace process including the Moscow Format of Consultations.
Lauding the close coordination and regular engagements on regional issues and the Afghan peace process, Ambassador Kabulov said that Russia and Pakistan were important stakeholders in peace and stability in Afghanistan.
It was in the shared interest of both the countries to support all efforts for peace and stability in the country through close coordination, he added.
The ambassador highly appreciated Pakistan’s role as a facilitator in the Afghan peace process.
Kabulov also held in-depth consultations with Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua on the regional political situation and the Afghan peace process.
- Shehzad Roy’s co-worker Wasu Khan in serious need of financial ...04:45 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Model Bella Hadid speaks out against racism within the fashion ...03:35 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020