WHO asks int’l community to remain calm on outbreak of coronavirus in China
GENEVA - World Health Organization (WHO) has called on the international community to remain calm and avoid overreacting on outbreak of coronavirus in China.
The Director General of WHO Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus in a meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in Beijing said the world body does not recommend the evacuation of foreign nationals from China adding that the WHO is confident in China’s epidemic prevention and control ability.
The Chinese Foreign Minister said that China is also willing to continue strengthening cooperation with the international community in an open and transparent manner.
Meanwhile, Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Ma Zhaoxu has said that China will promptly address the legitimate concerns of foreign citizens and ensure their safety in a responsible manner, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Briefing the foreign envoys and representatives in Beijing, he said China has built an all-round and multi-layered prevention and control system focusing on Wuhan and Hubei.
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- NAB arrests Khursheed Shah’s son in asset beyond means case (VIDEO)10:31 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan Embassy in Kabul closes consulate section10:29 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shahrukh Khan becomes the only Pakistani cadet to graduate from US ...09:50 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Watch: Donald Trump lookalike singing, selling ice cream in Pakistan09:34 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021