Our work in Afghanistan still not complete: US military chief
During the briefing, he said that President Obama had also realized that the crisis in Afghanistan would not be solved by the end of his term, which is why he had approved to keep thousands troops in Afghanistan till 2017.
Gen Dunford said that there had been more civilian causalities in the first six months of this year compared to the same period of the any previous six years. However, he added that the increased authorizations offered to US forces by Obama would ensure success of the Afghan troops this fighting season.
Last month, Obama allowed US aircraft, previously limited to protecting and rescuing American troops, to support the Afghan Military missions with air strikes. He also announced that almost 8,400 US troops would remain in Afghanistan till the end of his administration.
At a NATO summit in Warsaw earlier this month, coalition partners also decided to continue their financial support to US troops in the war-torn country till the year 2020.
- ‘We just have to play with it’: Imran Khan’s audio leak about ...01:03 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz, Army Chief felicitates Saudi crown prince on ...11:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Petrol price likely to dip by Rs9 per litre from October 111:18 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan, England face off in 5th T20I today10:52 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani FM Bilawal urges US, China to set aside rivalry to fight ...10:26 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan groove to 'Alcoholiya'11:32 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Bushra Ansari faces criticism for receiving anti-aging treatment10:07 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022