Our work in Afghanistan still not complete: US military chief
During the briefing, he said that President Obama had also realized that the crisis in Afghanistan would not be solved by the end of his term, which is why he had approved to keep thousands troops in Afghanistan till 2017.
Gen Dunford said that there had been more civilian causalities in the first six months of this year compared to the same period of the any previous six years. However, he added that the increased authorizations offered to US forces by Obama would ensure success of the Afghan troops this fighting season.
Last month, Obama allowed US aircraft, previously limited to protecting and rescuing American troops, to support the Afghan Military missions with air strikes. He also announced that almost 8,400 US troops would remain in Afghanistan till the end of his administration.
At a NATO summit in Warsaw earlier this month, coalition partners also decided to continue their financial support to US troops in the war-torn country till the year 2020.
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4009:33 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petrol prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani mangoes hit Singapore markets07:55 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021