British-Saudi woman imprisoned by father in Jeddah now fights for UK return
21-year-old Amina Al-Jeffery, who has dual British and Saudi Arabian nationality, claims her father Mohammed Al-Jeffery locked her up in Jeddah, in a room with "metal bars".
Her lawyers have described her as a"locked-up girl with a shaved head."
Teh lawyers added that it had been difficult to receive instructions from her, but had been able to communicate with her through a member of staff at the British Consulate in Jeddah.
She told them that she had been locked up in room and her younger sister had been told she was an "evil girl". She said her father had locked her up for kissing a guy. She added that she no longer had metal bars in her room, but was still under imprisonment with access to the phone or internet.
The father, Mohammed Al-Jeffery refutes the allegations against him and said he took his daughter from Swansea to Jeddah in 2012 to "save her life".
Mr Al-Jeffery had written a letter earlier this year refusing to return his daughter to the UK, Ms. Jaffery's counsel Mr. Setright said.
- Pakistan Navy thwarts Indian submarine’s intrusion bid: ISPR (VIDEO)02:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bill Gates was warned against sending ‘flirty’ emails to a female ...01:34 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh and Oman lock horns in must-win game today12:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto reveals her son's name09:41 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021