ECC approves import of 300,000 metric tonnes of sugar
ISLAMABAD – in a bid to maintain buffer stocks in the country, the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the Cabinet has allowed import of up to 300,000 metric tonnes of white sugar.
The permission was given at the ECC meeting in the Federal Capital where Adviser on Finance Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh chaired the meeting.
The procurement and other modalities of sugar import will be decided by a three-member committee, comprising Secretary Industries and Production, Secretary Commerce and Secretary Finance.
The ECC also approved revision of prices of petroleum products on fortnightly basis instead of the existing monthly basis.
- ECP calls meeting to review PM Imran’s serious allegations12:23 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Punjab Talent Hunt 2021 set to start from next week12:08 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan greenlights Sinopharm, Sputnik-V vaccines for over-60s11:55 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Porto Montenegro’s BOKA Place – A Pioneering Urban-Inspired ...11:36 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- UBL selects PTCL for Primary Tier-3 Data Center Hosting11:02 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Sana Javed wins Best Actress award for Ruswai09:24 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Hania Amir slammed for preaching self love with an Instagram filter10:20 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Humaima Malick hopes to wear a hijab for the rest of her life09:54 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021