ECC approves import of 300,000 metric tonnes of sugar
ISLAMABAD – in a bid to maintain buffer stocks in the country, the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the Cabinet has allowed import of up to 300,000 metric tonnes of white sugar.
The permission was given at the ECC meeting in the Federal Capital where Adviser on Finance Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh chaired the meeting.
The procurement and other modalities of sugar import will be decided by a three-member committee, comprising Secretary Industries and Production, Secretary Commerce and Secretary Finance.
The ECC also approved revision of prices of petroleum products on fortnightly basis instead of the existing monthly basis.
- Kashmir will be free soon: PM Imran04:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020