World Bank vice president to visit Pakistan next week for crucial talks
World Bank’s Vice President for South Asian region, Hartwig Schafer, is scheduled to arrive on Pakistan on Tuesday in next week on 7-day long visit to hold a discussion on various issues including country’s ambitious reforms program on human capital and economic and inclusive growth.
Hartwig Schafer will meet with officials from the ministries of economic affairs, finance and revenue, planning and development, commerce, energy, health and climate change and discuss WB’s financial activities in Pakistan.
Reports citing officials of Ministry of Economic Affairs said the WB’s upcoming Country Partnership Framework (CPF) will also brought under discussion.
The international financial institution, as per the report, is working on a new five-year CPF program for Pakistan possibly involving $10 to $12 billion.
World Bank approves $800 million loan for Pakistan 06:09 PM | 29 Jun, 2021
The World Bank (WB) on Tuesday approved $800 million loan for financing two programmes in Pakistan. The decision was ...
- Cuba opposes Israeli agenda at UN, observes a minute of silence to ...01:27 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- PMLN’s Zubair Umar finally breaks silence on video leak scandal12:31 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Jinnah’s statue destroyed by BLF militants in Gwadar’s Marine ...11:51 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Oldest Pakistan Army veteran Lt-Col (r) Sultan Mengal breathes his ...11:22 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- LIVE – PM Imran addressing at groundbreaking ceremony of KCR ...10:49 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Mashal Khan breaks silence on receiving acid attack threats01:35 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Atif Aslam, Mahira Khan’s much-awaited music video released01:00 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Air ambulance for ailing Umer Sharif to reach Karachi tomorrow07:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2021