'Int'l Handball Championship to improve soft image of Pakistan'
FAISALABAD (APP) - Pakistan Hand Ball Federation president Muhammad Shafiq on Monday said that International Women Handball Championship would not only help Pakistan to improve its soft image but
also pave way to fully capitalize its financial gains by organizing more international sports events.
He was addressing a reception hosted by Faisalabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FCCI) in honour of the players, organizers and officials of the International Women Handball Championship.
He said that Pakistan Handball Federation had a unique privilege to organize maximum international events in any "team game" during last 15 years.
"No doubt Pakistan earned laurels in hockey as Faisalabad alone produced three world's best hockey captains," he said and added that handball was now giving best results.
He said that game of handball was started from Faisalabad about 2-3 decades ago and at present 70 percent players of national women team were from Faisalabad. Hence the people of Faisalabad must support and encourage this game, he added.
He said that handball was played in around 205 countries and out of these countries Pakistan had gained distinction which should be appreciated by all.
He assured that Pakistan Handball Federation could organize more such international events which would help Pakistan to improve its overall image in the international community.
MPAs Dr. Najma Afzal and Surayya Naseem also addressed the reception and said that the girls in allover the world were giving best results, adding, "We are also proud of the female players belonging to
the SAARC and other regional countries."
They assured to help Pakistan Handball Federation to get reasonable grant from the Punjab government. They said that Prime Minster Muhammad Nawaz Sharif and Chief Minister Punjab Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif were extending full support to the female population and Women Protection Bill was an indicative of their resolve to facilitate women.
They said that this bill was being criticized unnecessarily. They asked Chamber to organize a special session enabling them to explain this bill in its real perspective.
Chaudhary Muhammad Nawaz President Faisalabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FCCI) welcomed the national and international teams and said that sports was not only a recreational instrument but it could also play its role in promoting international peace by bringing players and people from different countries closer to each other.
Divisional Sports Officer Rana Hammad Iqbal, Syed Zia Alamdar Hussain Senior Vice President FCCI also spoke on the occasion.
Later, Chaudhary Muhammad Nawaz and Syed Zia Alamdar Hussain presented FCCI memento to Muhammad Shafiq. Similarly, other executive members of FCCI also presented shields and decorated foreign officials with FCCI pins.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020