Seven injured in Lahore's rickshaw blast
LAHORE – At least seven people were injured when an explosion ripped through a rickshaw in city's Chauburji area on Multan Road, police said on Friday.
The blast occurred at around 11:15am and initial reports suggested it was a cylinder explosion. "There has been no confirmation on the cause but terrorism factor could not be ruled out at this stage," the official added.
The injured include the rickshaw driver and one of the five victims was in critical condition.
SSP Civil Lines while talking to media said the rickshaw driver, in his statement, said that he had picked up a ride from the city’s Sherakot area and dropped it in the Samanabad area. He added the blast took place when he had gone to use the facilities.
Other police officials said it could be a remote-controlled explosion as a suspicious device was found near the blast site.
They said there were also clear marks of ball bearings on the charred and mangled wreckage of the rickshaw. However, they said forensic teams and investigators are still working to ascertain the cause.
Law enforcement agencies have cordoned off the area and launched an investigation into the blast.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019