Scandal of underage girls' forced marriages at state-run shelter home surfaced in Lahore
LAHORE - A superintendent of a shelter home run by the Punjab government uncovered a dirty business of exploiting orphan and destitute girls sexually by senior officials in the guise of marriage.
Afshan Latif, the superintendent of Kashana Lahore, in a series of video statements circulating on social media claimed that she was being pressurised for the forceful marriages of the underage girls aged between 15 to 17 with government officials for their pleasure.
She laid the accusation at Social Welfare Director General Afshan Kiran Imtiaz, adding that a provincial minister was also involved in this filthy activity.
Kashana is looked after by Social Welfare and Bait ul Maal while it works under CMIT.
Imtiaz was removed from the post by Chief Minister Usman Buzdar after the superintendent lodged a complaint against her and an investigation was launched into the matter.
During the inquiry, she said, CMIT was continuously forcing her to take back her complain and statements, adding that she continued to stand the ground.
"As I refused to bow down, the budget of Kashana, Lahore was ceased and destitute girls were left helpless without clothing, food and education," she revealed.
In a recent video shared on Twitter by journalist IA Rajpoot, Latif can be seen saying that she was facing arrest for exposing the dirty games in the shelter home. She alleged that authorities were trying to wipe out evidence.
Some reports say Afshan Latif has been arrested by police.
Besides the claims of Afshan Latif, CMIT presented another prospective in its inquiry report. Latif has been accused of malpractice in the report which suggests action against the official under PEEDA Act, 2006.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019