Pakistan’s only woman referee officiates first national T20 championship
RAWALPINDI – Pakistan’s first-ever female cricket referee Saman Zulfiqar has officially started her match duties in the ongoing National Triangular Women’s T20 Championship that started Friday.
Saman Zulfiqar, who was born in Sheikhupura, is the only female match referee on the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) development panel. She also was appointed as the cricket match referee in the fourth match of the tournament between PCB Dynamites and PCB Blasters.
Saman, who told Geo News that she was “very happy to supervise the matches” and “consider it a huge honour” to join PCB, also urged women to join the field. She is Masters in Sport Sciences and the mother of a daughter.
The National Triangular Women’s T20 Championship will run till 1st December.
- Emirates announces first annual loss in 30 years11:59 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- AJK unveils Budget 2021-22 tomorrow11:30 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4010:04 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Two injured as PTI, PML-N lawmakers toss copies of budget book at ...09:27 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petroleum prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021