Pakistan’s only woman referee officiates first national T20 championship
RAWALPINDI – Pakistan’s first-ever female cricket referee Saman Zulfiqar has officially started her match duties in the ongoing National Triangular Women’s T20 Championship that started Friday.
Saman Zulfiqar, who was born in Sheikhupura, is the only female match referee on the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) development panel. She also was appointed as the cricket match referee in the fourth match of the tournament between PCB Dynamites and PCB Blasters.
Saman, who told Geo News that she was “very happy to supervise the matches” and “consider it a huge honour” to join PCB, also urged women to join the field. She is Masters in Sport Sciences and the mother of a daughter.
The National Triangular Women’s T20 Championship will run till 1st December.
- Top Court rejects Sindh govt appeal, directs to release Omar Sheikh01:45 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Bank AL Habib's profit increases by 59.48 percent01:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- 'Look who’s talking' – Governor Sindh responds to 'dog enjoying ...01:26 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- ADB approves $10bn for economic recovery of Pakistan12:53 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- ‘Don’t lie to me’: India’s top cardiologist gets wife’s ...12:28 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021