Heavy rain likely to hit Sindh; Met Office warns of urban floods
Scattered places of Sukkur, Larkana, Quetta, Multan, D.G. Khan, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Sargodha, Hazara divisions, Islamabad, Gilgit-Baltistan and Kashmir, while at isolated places in Malakand, Peshawar divisions will receive rain today.
However, hot and humid weather is expected elsewhere in the country,the MET office report added.
Temperature of some major cities recorded this morning: Islamabad and Lahore twenty-six degree centigrade, Peshawar twenty-seven, Karachi thirty, Quetta twenty, Gilgit eighteen, Murree seventeen and Muzaffarabad twenty-three degree centigrade.-Online
Possible flash floods
National Disaster Management Authority has advised all concerned departments for an update of SMS alert in view of expected flash flooding due to rains and thunderstorm during the current week.
According to NDMA, flash floods are likely to impact areas of Sindh and Balochistan provinces.
NDMA has asked the PDMAs of Sindh and Balochistan to coordinate with cellular mobile operators for early dissemination of SMS alert in the areas.-Online
- Pakistan hit by Covid vaccine shortage amid ‘lack of coordination, ...02:21 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- 'No jab, no job' – Sindh announces to fire public, private ...01:47 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Islamophobia rising in Canada as another 2 people held for ...01:18 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran shares a throwback childhood photo with family05:30 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021