Washington finally concerned for Kashmiri people, growing Indian violence, intolerance
“We are obviously concerned by the violence and we want to see the tensions de-escalated,” US State Department Spokesman John Kirby told a news briefing, referring to clashes between protesters and Indian troops.
Kashmir is in a grip of intense violence since the death of young Kashmiri insurgent, Burhan Wani, who was killed by Indian forces on July 8. A wave of protest that erupted after the killing was met with brutal force by government forces and so far more than 50 people, mostly women and children, have been killed.
Hundreds of people are at the risk of losing their eyesight after Indian soldiers used guns to fire pellets directly at protesters. US media has constantly reported Indian brutalities in the renewed phase of violence.
“We encourage all sides to make efforts to find a peaceful solution to this, and I can tell you are, as you would expected we would be, in close touch with our Indian counterparts there in New Delhi as this goes forward,” he added.
Responding to a question on Afghan refugees in Pakistan, Kirby said that the United States recognized Pakistan’s genuine concerns and its right to undertake appropriate measures to enforce its immigration laws.
- Pakistan’s ‘best bank' denies trans rights activist an account ...11:52 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Air Force chief meets Turkish defence industries head11:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Woman accusing Babar Azam of sexual abuse says video of her ...11:08 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Punjab CM Buzdar lays foundation stone of Sheikhupura-Gujranwala road10:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- US threatens India with sanctions over purchase of Russian S-400 air ...10:39 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021