Meet Saybie: The World's Tiniest Baby
Saybie, as the nursing staff nicknamed her, was born 23 weeks and three days into her mother’s 40-week pregnancy.
Doctors told her father after the birth that he would have about an hour with his daughter before she died.
She was sent home Thursday from Sharp Mary Birch Hospital, in San Diego, California.
In a video released by the hospital, Saybie’s mother, who wished to remain anonymous, explains that her pregnancy developed a complication known as preeclampsia, which is potentially fatal to both mother and child.
“It was the scariest day of my life,” said Saybie’s mother, “I just felt very uncomfortable, and I thought, ‘Maybe this was part of the pregnancy.'”
The previous “Tiniest baby” was born in Germany in 2015, weighing about 7 grams more than Saybie.
- 28 Pakistani prisoners repatriated from Saudi Arabia06:30 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- UAE allows residents stranded in six countries including Pakistan to ...05:31 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Govt mulls over generating revenue by renting PM house for events04:41 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan jolts the internet with killer dance moves in saree ...04:09 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021