Meet Saybie: The World's Tiniest Baby
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - A girl, who weighed just 8.6 ounces (245 grams) when she was born last December, is believed to be the world’s tiniest surviving baby.
Saybie, as the nursing staff nicknamed her, was born 23 weeks and three days into her mother’s 40-week pregnancy.
Doctors told her father after the birth that he would have about an hour with his daughter before she died.
She was sent home Thursday from Sharp Mary Birch Hospital, in San Diego, California.
In a video released by the hospital, Saybie’s mother, who wished to remain anonymous, explains that her pregnancy developed a complication known as preeclampsia, which is potentially fatal to both mother and child.
“It was the scariest day of my life,” said Saybie’s mother, “I just felt very uncomfortable, and I thought, ‘Maybe this was part of the pregnancy.'”
The previous “Tiniest baby” was born in Germany in 2015, weighing about 7 grams more than Saybie.
- Pakistan surpasses 254,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,357 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- TECNO’s #GiveMe5withSpark5 challenge breaks a record of 100M views ...07:44 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- China announces firm support for Iran nuclear deal07:16 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UK bans China's Huawei from 5G network, pleasing Trump06:48 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020