Split between Tehreek-e-Labbaik factions widens despite Faizabad agreement
Khadim Hussain Rizvi and Dr Ashraf Asif Jalali appeared in a programme at a private media channel Wednesday night and both the representatives of the religious party claimed to be the real leader of the group, denouncing the party factions led by the other.
Khadim alleged that the Lahore sit-in led by Jalali was an attempt to take credit for the successful Islamabad sit-in that ended up after a senior officer of Pak Army brokered the deal between government and protesters.
'He should have wrapped up the sit-in after the agreement, but he (Jalali) has a disease of taking credit. And we don’t have any treatment of such diseases,' Khadim said.
Giving a rejoinder, Dr Jalali said that Khadim initially demanded the resignation of the entire cabinet over killings of party workers, and questioned why he settled for the resignation of Federal Law Minister Zahid Hamid.
Jalali further alleged that one of the leaders in Khadim’s party had indulged in un-Islamic practices to which, Khadim Rizvi opined that one should not raise questions on the faith of others over small matters.
Khadim Rizvi also claimed that the Lahore sit-in had no link with the one in Faizabad declaring that Jalali had no role in the sit-ins currently staged across the country.
Resignation of Rana Sana Ullah
Both the leaders of religious groups also held a different opinion regarding the resignation of Punjab's Law Minister Rana Sana Ullah with Ashraf Jalali vehemently supporting the resignation demand.
'Our sit-in would continue till the resignation of provincial law minister' affirmed Dr Ashraf Asif Jalali.
- Gobi's Paints Polo Cup: FC Polo Team win trophy07:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- First black US state secretary Colin Powell dies of Covid-1906:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ushna Shah sets internet ablaze with new bold pictures04:40 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021