HBL becomes the only bank with a branch in Gwadar and China
The branch was inaugurated by the Ambassador of China to Pakistan, Yao Jing, along with Zhang Baozhong, Chairman China Overseas Port Holding Company Ltd. and Rayomond Kotwal, Acting President and CEO, HBL on Monday.
Speaking at the occasion, Kotwal stated: “Today HBL stands proud as it becomes the first bank with branches in Gwadar as well as China. We are honored to be playing a leading role in supporting the China Pakistan Economic Corridor, opening new avenues of business, trade and investment between the two countries.”
Last year, HBL had become the first Pakistani bank to open a branch in China. That branch was opened in Urumqi - a city with enormous potential. HBL was also the first Pakistani bank to offer CNY accounts to its customers in Pakistan.
The bank offers a comprehensive product range covering corporate and individual customers, including financing, trade based facilities, guarantees, remittances, loans, debit and credit cards and much more. HBL’s target market is not just limited to customers in Pakistan and China but it aims to market CPEC opportunities across borders using its international reach and customer base.
As a bank that is an integral part of Pakistan’s fabric, HBL aspires to contribute to economic development in Pakistan, and looks forward to enriching the lives of its customers with its commitment to banking excellence.
- US Ambassador Donald Blome says devastation caused by Pakistan floods ...11:50 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022