PTI serves legal notice to Gharida Farooqi
The PTI senior leader Dr Babar Awan sent a legal notice to anchorperson Gharida Farooqi at the behest of Central Media Department (CMD) Head Iftikhar Durrani, seeking unconditional apology over her unwarranted tweets in which she levelled serious allegations against PTI and its leadership.
The notice demanded Gharida Farooqi to immediately remove the malicious tweets and tender an apology within seven days or pay Rs 1 billion as damages; otherwise, the notice said, all legal remedies available under the law would be availed by PTI.
Reportedly, allegations circulating, Manzoor Afridi gave 25crore to be care taker CM. 10crore to Maulana Fazl ur Rehman. 10crore to Pervaiz Khattak. 2crore to party fund. 3crore for IK kitchen. Serious allegations !— Gharidah Farooqi (@GFarooqi) May 28, 2018
The CMD head said that no one could accuse Imran Khan of corruption when he had dedicated his life to the fight against corruption.
“The relentless pursuit of the Panama Papers and kicking out more than a dozen MPA’s from the government risking his party’s government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are the instances which show his commitment to a corruption free Pakistan,” Iftikhar Durrani pointed out.
Durrani said that Gharida Farooqi must withdraw her insulting allegations and tender unconditional apology immediately.
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...07:40 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 24 November 202007:20 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Daesh Karachi commander killed in Bajaur operation: ISPR11:16 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- GBLA-II: PPP workers clash with police over 'rigged' election results10:52 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- France forgives Pakistani minister for ‘insulting’ tweet10:00 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020