Local News

KARACHI – Two members of the Pakistan Army, Lance Naik Razzaq and Sepoy Khadim Hussain, were killed on Tuesday when unidentified gunman on a motorcycle targeted their vehicle near a Parking Plaza on MA Jinnah road in the city’s Saddar area, according to officials.

pak army1

The person driving the vehicle lost control of it after he was shot resulting in the car crashing into a wall nearby.

The injured personnel were rushed to Jinnah Hospital.

JPMC Emergency Head Dr Seemin Jamali said that one of the men was brought dead while the other succumbed to injuries during treatment.

MA Jinnah road is a major artery of the metropolis and is usually congested during the day.

Security officials have cordoned off the area while forensic officials have reached the spot to collect evidence that will aid the investigation.

Sepoy Khadim Hussain; Lance Naik Razzaq
Sepoy Khadim Hussain; Lance Naik Razzaq

Police officials said that 9mm pistol was used in the attack and they are investigating to find out whether this weapon was used in any previous attack or not.

“We will try to find out the linkage between this incident and the last case [attack on a Military Police vehicle], however, there were no specific threats,” said Additional Inspector General Mushtaq Meher while visiting the site of the attack.

In December last year, two Military Police officials were killed after their vehicle was fired upon by unidentified gunmen near Tibet Centre on MA Jinnah road.

President Mamnoon Hussain condemned the attack and said that the terrorists behind the incident shall meet their fate soon.

Prime Minister (PM) Nawaz Sharif took notice of the incident and condemned it. Prime Minister directed Sindh government to apprehend those behind the incident as soon as possible. PM Nawaz said that such cowardly attacks by the terrorists will not derail the ongoing battle against terrorism in Karachi.

Pakistan People s Party (PPP) Co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari also condemned the incident and stated that terrorism was an unforgivable act. The dead bodies of both personnel were transferred to Pakistan Naval Station (PNS) Shifa for post-mortem.