MQM's Waseem Akhtar allegedly admits role in May 12 Karachi carnage
During recent interrogations, Akhtar reportedly confessed that MQM workers had fired on his directions when Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry came to Karachi in 2007.
Waseem Akhtar also said that 15 other officials of the party had given the firing order, including Kamran Farooqui, Umair Siddiqui, Muzammil Hashmi, Shujaat Hashmi and others.
The police report also said that Waseem Akhtar had offered to provide help in reaching the criminals.
Police have also arrested an accused Aslam alias Kala on the basis of information provided by Akhtar.
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Trophy unveiled as Pakistan face off Zimbabwe in first T20 ...11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan’s slide on inclusive internet index continues, drops to ...10:23 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- ‘Follow my TikTok account,’ Umar Akmal appeals to fans09:50 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021