Meesha Shafi 'all for peace' with Ali Zafar amid sexual harassment case
The most talked-about the controversy of showbiz industry has to be Meesha Shafi's sexual harassment allegations against Ali Zafar which stirred up a storm.
Leaving the netizens shocked, Meesha's statement is often said as a major milestone in Pakistan's own #MeToo movement. The situation got out of control and the issue got spiraled out of control as Ali had filed a defamation case against Meesha.
The latest development to this fiasco is a step towards settlement as Shafi has expressed her wish for peace with Zafar on Twitter.
"Many have tried to mediate. I am all for peace.”, the Aaya Laariye singer wrote.
“There certainly has been a lot of abuse. And it isn’t healthy at all. I’ve done nothing since speaking up though. Other than defending myself against the weaponization of the defamation laws.”, she further wrote.
A Twitter user requested Azam Jamil to mediate. While neither Ali Zafar nor his team responded to this proposal, Shafi promptly responded and expressed that she would opt for peace.
Please use this hashtag #AliAndMeeshaPLSreconcile and request Ali and Meesha to forgive eachother.
For the sake of us - Because we love them both❤️March 24, 2021
Meesha is currently in Canada and her mother Saba Hameed said in an interview that Meesha could not come to Pakistan due to a major lockdown in Canada.
This is with ref to the fake news claiming that my client Meesha Shafi has been sentenced to 3 yrs imprisonment.— Asad Jamal (@LegalPolitical) March 15, 2021
No such verdict has been passed by trial court in the frivolous criminal defamation case instituted by Ali Zafar against several women.
Read complete statement below pic.twitter.com/49vRSXtvFe
Furthermore, contrary to the reports on social media the court has still not given any verdict in the Shafi-Zafar legal dispute.
'Ban all women altogether, once and for all!' – ... 10:45 PM | 12 Mar, 2021
The latest edition to the list of celebrities who have stepped forward to support Aurat March 2021 is singer Meesha ...
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Earthquake jolts parts of Karachi10:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021