By-polls in NA-120 to be held on September 17: ECP
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Tuesday announced that the by-polls in NA-120, which fell vacant after former prime minister Nawaz Sharif's disqualification, to be held on September 17, local media reported.
Issuing schedule for the election, the commission said candidates can file their nomination papers between August 10-12. The ECP will review nomination papers between August 15-17.
It may be mentioned here that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has selected Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif as a candidate for the by-polls, while Dr Yasmeen Rashid would contest the election on ticket Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf.
the Supreme Court of Pakistan disqualified Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for not disclosing his employment with FZE Capital, in a landmark decision in the Panamagate case.
The 5-o verdict was announced by a five-judge bench, headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khosa – the same judge who had commenced his dissenting note in the April 20 judgment with a quote from The Godfather, a novel by Mario Puzo about a mafia family in Italy. The verdict declared Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif ‘disqualified’ for concealing his employment.
- KPK presents Budget 2021-22 with total outlay of Rs1 trillion on ...05:16 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Lahore Qalandars to clash with arch-rival Karachi Kings ...05:01 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- ‘Shenzhou-12’ – China launches three astronauts into orbit to ...04:00 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Famous YouTuber held for harassing women under cover of pranks03:10 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Burcu Kiratli's jaw-dropping photos leave fans in awe03:30 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Kinza Hashmi believes marriage is not the sole purpose of life01:55 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021