By-polls in NA-120 to be held on September 17: ECP
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Tuesday announced that the by-polls in NA-120, which fell vacant after former prime minister Nawaz Sharif's disqualification, to be held on September 17, local media reported.
Issuing schedule for the election, the commission said candidates can file their nomination papers between August 10-12. The ECP will review nomination papers between August 15-17.
It may be mentioned here that Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has selected Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif as a candidate for the by-polls, while Dr Yasmeen Rashid would contest the election on ticket Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf.
the Supreme Court of Pakistan disqualified Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for not disclosing his employment with FZE Capital, in a landmark decision in the Panamagate case.
The 5-o verdict was announced by a five-judge bench, headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khosa – the same judge who had commenced his dissenting note in the April 20 judgment with a quote from The Godfather, a novel by Mario Puzo about a mafia family in Italy. The verdict declared Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif ‘disqualified’ for concealing his employment.
- Mia Khalifa blames US for Jerusalem violence02:01 PM | 12 May, 2021
- #WestandwithGaza, PM Imran reiterates support to Palestinians amid ...01:18 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Mariyam Nafees shares pictures from her Dua-e-Khair11:51 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares an adorable throwback picture09:01 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021