Nepra approves Rs0.83 per unit increase in power tariff
KARACHI – The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) on Thursday approved Rs0.83 per unit increase in power tariff.
The authority increased power tariff on account of fuel cost adjustment of electricity.
According to latest reports, the fuel adjustment charges for the month of July would be charged in consumer bills in next month.
This tariff hike would put an additional burden of Rs10 billion on power consumers.
The power regulator gave its approval after hearing a request by the Central Power Purchasing Agency (CPPA) that sought an increase of Rs0.83 in electricity rates.
The increase in electricity prices would apply to all consumers except Life Line, they added.
- FATF meeting announces its verdict in Pakistan's case today12:04 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Anti-polio drive to start in Punjab from Oct 26 to 3111:38 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Jared Leto to return as ‘The Joker’ in ‘Zack Snyder’s Justice ...11:00 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Irfan Junejo pens a heartfelt birthday note for wife03:09 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- 'Parwaz Hai Junoon' to commercially release in China in November01:36 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Cops arrested after 18-year-old dies in police custody11:11 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan Sugar mills association along with JDW group manipulate ...09:39 AM | 23 Oct, 2020