Corpse & patient on same bed in Gujranwala hospital again
A woman suffering from high blood pressure was taken to the hospital, but she could not survive and breathed her last on a bed in the emergency ward of the facility.
The deceased’s body was not removed from the bed when another patient was brought to the hospital. The young man brought to the ward was put on the same bed for treatment on which the deceased woman's body was lying.
The incident highlighted the shortcomings on part of the hospital administration for reportedly the second time in a month’s time.
On July 18, Noor Muhammad, a resident of Aminabad in Gujranwala, was taken to the hospital when he was having trouble breathing. However, a while later Noor died. His body was not taken away when another patient was brought in, who was placed on the same bed.
While commenting on the matter, the hospital administration had said they were forced to do so because of the shortage of beds at the facility.
The last time the incident occurred, the Punjab health secretary had 'warned' the official in charge of the hospital.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-07-Updated 10:00 ...10:46 AM | 7 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 07 May 202110:41 AM | 7 May, 2021
- Famous Urdu writer, critic Shamim Hanfi dies of coronavirus09:30 AM | 7 May, 2021
- Father declares Haniya Khan ‘mentally unstable’ after she creates ...07:12 PM | 6 May, 2021
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern plans summer wedding03:45 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Bushra Ansari's sister Sumbul Shahid loses battle to COVID-1903:35 PM | 6 May, 2021