ECP prepares for Pakistan's presidential polls
A five-year term of the incumbent head of the state is set to expire on September 9. According to the Constitution, the presidential election must be held at least a month prior to the expiry of the incumbent's term, which in this case would be August 8.
However, the polls for the next head of the state are likely to be held in the first week of September, since neither the National nor the provincial assemblies are functional as yet ─ and will likely not be up and running until at least August 10.
Imran Khan may invite PM Modi for his oath-taking ... 07:22 PM | 31 Jul, 2018
LAHORE - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) is considering inviting the leaders of SAARC countries, including Prime ...
According to the Constitution of Pakistan, the indirect election to the office of the President is held no earlier than 60 days and no later than 30 days before the expiration of the term of the incumbent President. If the presidential election cannot be held because the National Assembly has been dissolved, it is to be held within 30 days of the general election to the National Assembly.
The ECP will issue the final schedule for the presidential elections after the national and provincial legislatures have formed and taken their oaths, the sources added.
Members elected to the national and provincial assemblies will vote in the presidential elections.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021