Eidul Azha — CM Sindh grants 90 days special remission to prisoners
KARACHI - Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has granted Special Remission of 90 days for all the convicts on the eve of Eid-ul-Azha and Independence Day (August 14, 2020) in order to create a sense of inclusiveness and goodwill amongst the prisoners.
Special remission is granted for all convicts except the condemned prisoners and also those convicted of murder, espionage, subversion, anti-state activities, terrorist activities, offence of Zina, kidnapping or abduction and those undergoing sentences under the Foreigners Act 1946, said a notification on Saturday.
The remission is granted in terms of Rule-788 of the Sindh Prisons and Correctional Services Rules, 2019 read with Rule 790 and 791 of ibid in the sentences of imprisonment of prisoners.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020