Argentina, Portugal move home after defeat in pre-quarterfinals
Messi’s Argentina lost 4-3 to France and Ronaldo’s Portugal went down 2-1 to Uruguay, leaving the tournament despite its two best known and most loved players.
Ronaldo struck a hat-trick in his opening game — a thrilling 3-3 draw with Spain, including a brilliant late free-kick to level the match.
He also grabbed the only goal in the 1-0 victory over Morocco.
Messi was in headlines when he controlled a cross-field ball with his thigh, showing incredible technique, before a deft second touch and pinpoint finish against Nigeria.
France, Argentina, Uruguay, Portugal, Spain, Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Brazil, Mexico, Japan, Sweden, Switzerland, Colombia, Belgium and England qualified for the FIFA World Cup 2018 Round of 16 (pre-quarterfinals).
Defending champions Germany are the biggest shock of the tournament till now after crashing out in the group stage following their 0-2 loss to South Korea in a Group F match.
- Foodpanda Pakistan provides monetary assistance to their heroes ...10:32 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- OPPO donates Rs6.2 million for Prime Minister COVID-19 Relief Fund10:11 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: Over half a million applied to join Tiger force in just ...07:12 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- The World of Future Technology07:04 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: China mourns COVID-19 victims06:29 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Has Junoon's Salman Ahmad infected by COVID-19?03:54 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston hasn’t found self-isolating difficult, here's why03:48 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Money Heist Season 4 is out and the fans can't be happier!03:41 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019