Salman Khan’s 'Bharat' taken to court over film's title
Salman Khan’s character in his film is called Bharat but there is a legal dispute over the usage of the name, reported Hindustan Times.
The PIL demands change of the title, claiming the film is “distorting the culture and political image of our great country Bharat.”
The plea was filed on Thursday by activist Vipin Tyagi who said that the title was in violation of Section 3 of Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act which prohibits the use of names "Bharat" for any commercial or professional purposes.
Not only this, Tyagi has also appealed for a change in the dialogue where the character has been compared to the country, saying that it hurts “patriotic sentiments.”
Tyagi said, “This film is fraught with Salman’s typical flippancy and vulgarity. Being a ‘Bharatiya’, I feel it is not appropriate to name such film or any character associated with this film after our great nation.”
Directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, Bharat houses a star-studded cast including Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Tabu, Nora Fatehi, Disha Patani, Sunil Grover and Jackie Shroff.
The film is to be released on June 5.
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz reveals name of her speech writer10:45 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021