Pakistan loses top position in T20 ranking to Australia after 27 months
DUBAI - Pakistan lost its first position in the International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 rankings after more than two years as Australia secured the top position pushing Pakistan to fourth place.
Australia have also moved to the top of the Test ranking while England continue to lead the men’s ODI rankings after the annual update carried out on Friday, which eliminates results from 2016-17.
Pakistan had been placed at the top slot of T20 ranking in January 2018 after they defeated New Zealand, and continue to hold the position for the shortest format of cricket for 27 months.
In the latest updates, Pakistan lost 10 points to slip to 260, and was placed after Australia (278), England (268) and India (266).
"In the latest update, that rates all matches played since May 2019 at 100 per cent and those of the previous two years at 50 per cent, Australia (116) have taken over from India as the top ranked side in the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s Test Team Rankings with New Zealand (115) remaining in second place. India are now third with 114 points."
- Hafeez Sheikh vows to provide maximum relief to masses in upcoming ...11:55 AM | 27 May, 2020
- Tensions b/w China & India escalated after frequent skirmishes in ...11:38 AM | 27 May, 2020
- Another 176 Pakistanis stranded in India to return home today10:05 AM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan welcomes UN Chief’s remarks stressing need to counter ...08:50 AM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 57,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,197 confirmed ...08:30 AM | 27 May, 2020
- ‘Diriliş: Ertuğrul’ producer wishes to collaborate with Pakistan06:08 PM | 26 May, 2020
- Ira’s Dessertry: A world full of flavours and fillings03:40 PM | 26 May, 2020
- 'Ertuğrul' wishes Eid Mubarik to Pakistan – VIDEO03:16 PM | 25 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020