Draft bill for delimitation of constituencies finalized: NA Speaker
Later, briefing newsmen, the speaker said as decided yesterday by parliamentary leaders, there will be no increase in overall constituencies of the National Assembly, and it will remain 272.
However, in the light of new population census, overall seats of Punjab will come down by nine. Of them, five will go to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, three to Balochistan and one to Islamabad Capital Territory.
Ayaz Sadiq said there will be no change in the overall seats of Sindh, which will remain at seventy-five. Similarly, the number of FATA seats will be unchanged at twelve.
To a question, the Speaker said there will be roughly seven hundred and eighty thousand population in one constituency.
- Kandahar at 'serious risk of falling' as Taliban besiege key cities ...07:00 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pillion riding allowed as Sindh revises certain Covid lockdown ...06:43 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Vaccination process in Islamabad, Rawalpindi suspended as online ...05:56 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Kashmir Premier League: Bonanza Satrangi signs up with Muzaffarabad ...04:59 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Facebook rolls out ‘Marketplace’ for entrepreneurs in Pakistan04:36 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Kiara Advani turns 2902:54 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021