Saudi Arabia enters third phase of Umrah resumption
MAKKAH – The third phase of Umrah pilgrimage resumption for Muslims belonging to foreign countries started on Sunday.
The Saudi Arabia government has announced fresh measures for the Umrah pilgrimage, which was suspended for six months due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The barricade placed around the Kaaba and the holy Black Stone will remain in its place and visitors will be prevented from touching them.
Masjid al-Haram will be disinfected 10 times a day, while quarantine rooms have already been established for visitors having symptoms of COVID-19.
Meanwhile, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has called on Umrah performers to protect themselves and their families by adhering to the preventive measures approved by the authorities of Saudi Arabia.
In a statement, Secretary General, Dr. Yousef bin Ahmed Al-Othaimeen said the OIC congratulates Muslims around the world for the return to Umrah after temporary suspension.
He also called on the Muslims to follow Saudi Arabian Ministry of Health protocols.
- UK announces test and quarantine rules for travelers as Omicron ...09:57 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021