Four terrorists involved in attack on Shuja Khanzada killed in Lahore encounter
The militants killed in action of Punjab Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) have been identified as Amjad, Fayyaz, Sadaqat and Saddam. The encounter took place on Wednesday night.
According to a statement the CTD carried out an intelligence-based raid on a house in Iqbal Town Division's Sherakot area on the outskirts of Lahore. Four suspects managed to escape from the scene while four others were killed in gunfire exchange.
Earlier on September 29 the main accused, identified as Muhammad Qasim, in the attack was arrested by the CTD in a raid in Attock.
A spokesman for the CTD said that the outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Qari Sohail group was involved in the suicide attack which claimed the life of Shuja Khanzada.
He added that the mastermind of the attack was Qari Sohail who had sent the suicide bombers. According to the CTD spokesman, Qari Sohail used Qasim Muawia, Amjad Fayaz, Sadaqat and Saddam as suicide bombers.
On August 16, Col (r) Shuja Khanzada was among at least 19 people killed when suicide bombers attacked his political office in Attock.
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021