India's Kashmir move unacceptable, says US Senator Bernie Sanders
Sanders, who is a Democratic presidential hopeful for the US Elections 2020, said he is 'deeply concerned about the situation in Kashmir where the Indian government has revoked Kashmiri autonomy, cracked down on dissent and instituted a communications blackout'.
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders slams India on Kashmir lockdown and stated that India's action in Kashmir is unacceptable.— TIMES OF GAZA (@Timesofgaza) September 1, 2019
"The crackdown in the name of security is also denying the Kashmiri people access to medical care. Even many respected doctors in India have acknowledged that the Indian government-imposed restrictions on travel are threatening the life-saving care that patients need," he said while addressing the 56th Convention of Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).
"The communications blockade must be lifted immediately and the United States government must speak out boldly in support of international humanitarian law and in support of a UN-backed peaceful resolution that respects the will of the Kashmiri people," the senator stated.
Prime Minister Imran Khan also addressed the audience via video link and said the current Indian regime is a follower of RSS, a hatred and supremacist ideology.
Prime Minister Khan said The the West will have to understand the philosophy of RSS in order to think clearly of this problem. The same philosophy led to the carnage of Muslims in the Indian state of Gujarat earlier, the prime minister opined.
The remarks came weeks after India revoked the special status granted to Kashmir by scrapping Article 370 of the constitution.
A few days ago, Democratic congresswoman Ilhan Omar had also urged Indian authorities in occupied Kashmir to respect human rights and to de-escalate the rapidly deteriorating situation in the serene valley.
- Pakistan reports 1,780 new Covid-19 cases, 39 deaths08:58 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 07 March 202108:25 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Hasheeh, Shimza, Asad win titles in Hush Puppies Junior National ...11:42 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Twitter finds ‘PTI’ man who attacked PML-N leaders outside ...11:11 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi and Shahid Afridi's daugher to get ...09:23 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Engin Altan receives Indian Television Academy Award05:18 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Shehnaaz Gill and Badshah’s new song is a treat for the fans07:25 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife wishes to reconcile for their children04:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021