Labourer killed over Rs100 in Agra, mob turn violent
An infuriated mob pelted stones, torched two motorcycles and damaged property, forcing Etmauddaula police station personnel to fire rubber bullets to disperse the mob.
Senior superintendent of police Rajesh D. Modak tried to persuade the violent mob to excercise restraint, but hundreds of dalits, family members and relatives of the worker, identified as 40-year-old Pappu, were in no mood to relent.
The retired army officer was beaten up twice and had to be rushed to the hospital for treatment.
Family members told police that Pappu went to the major's grandson Jai Krishan to ask for the wages for the work he had done at a nearby temple. This led to an altercation and subsequently blows were exchanged.
Police said Jai Krishan, grandson of retired major M.L. Upadhyaya, threw Pappu on the ground and punched him to death for a paltry sum of Rs.100.
Jai Krishan managed to escape the mob and police have now mounted a hunt for him.
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4009:33 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petrol prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani mangoes hit Singapore markets07:55 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021