MCA ends Shah Rukh Khan's stadium entry ban
The popular film actor was banned from entering Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium for five years after a scuffle and heated altercation with stadium officials and security guard following an Indian Premier League (IPL) game in May 2012.
Khan, who is the co-owner of the IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders, had defended himself by claiming that security had "manhandled" children accompanying him.
Sunday’s decision was taken by the Managing Committee of the Mumbai Cricket Association after acknowledging that Khan had already served a substantial period of the five-year ban respectfully without trying to enter the stadium at any stage.
Khan is one of Bollywood's biggest stars and highest paid actors, appearing in more than 70 films, television shows and advertisements.
- Pakistan's remittances rise to all-time high in April02:10 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistan to express solidarity with Palestinians on Friday12:33 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Burcu Kirtali beats the heat on a water slide11:09 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021