Imran Khan faces blasphemy allegations, to be declared "kaafir" unless he publicly apologizes: Religious group issues ...
LAHORE - Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri, a religious scholar who issued Fatwa of infidelity against Shaan Taseer, has written an open letter to Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf Imran Khan over his alleged speech regarding prophet Muhammad (PBUH), warning him of 'dire consequences' if he doesn't render an apology.
The Fatwa alleges that Imran Khan, in one of his speeches, had said blasphemous sentences for the Prophet (PBUH).
Talking to Daily Pakistan, Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri said that if the leader doesn't render an open apology, the organisation will formally issue a religious edict, declaring him a 'Wajib-ul-Qatal' (liable to death).
"If the state fails to execute Imran Khan, it wouldn't be a crime if any 'aashiq-e-Rasool' (lover of prophet P.B.U.H) kills him. He will be exempt from Qisas and Diyat (blood money)," Qadri told Daily Pakistan, adding the blood of blasphemer - in this case, Imran Khan's - has no worth compared to Prophet (PBUH).
Allama Khadim Hussain Rizvi's strong reaction to Imran Khan's allegedly blasphemous speech:
Just recently, Qadri had also issued a 'Kufr' fatwa against Shaan Taseer, son of the slain Governor Salman Taseer, for allegedly committing blasphemy in his 'Christmas special' video message.
It is pertinent to note that under the National Action Plan (NAP), religious extremism and persecution was outlawed. Hate speech and threats under the label of religious beliefs were supposed to be dealt with high sensitivity. However, the majority of the hate speech has gone scot-free and religious groups continue to issue 'Blasphemy' Fatwas against people with virtual impunity.
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020