Pakistan Mini Mazda Association observes countrywide strike against fines, taxes on motorways today
LAHORE - Pakistan Mini Mazda Association has commenced countrywide strike from Lahore against toll taxes and other increased fines motorways and highways.
According to media reports the protestors demanded to immediately withdraw unfair fines and taxes and have started arriving at Babu Sabu Interchange for a protest at 12 different points in the city.
The protesters said that they will carry out a rally from Babu Sabu to Punjab Assembly and Nasir Bagh.
Earlier on Wednesday, transporters suffering from fines toll and other taxes had announced not to operate transport for the supply of vegetables and milk, while threatening to close the internal and external routes of the provincial capital.
The Public and Goods Transporters Association spokesperson expressed that all types of vehicles will observe the strike to call for an immediate withdrawal of unfair fines and taxes.
- Nine Pakistani companies participate in 22nd Intersec Dubai04:57 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- ADB president calls on PM Imran in Davos04:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019