Pakistan Mini Mazda Association observes countrywide strike against fines, taxes on motorways today
LAHORE - Pakistan Mini Mazda Association has commenced countrywide strike from Lahore against toll taxes and other increased fines motorways and highways.
According to media reports the protestors demanded to immediately withdraw unfair fines and taxes and have started arriving at Babu Sabu Interchange for a protest at 12 different points in the city.
The protesters said that they will carry out a rally from Babu Sabu to Punjab Assembly and Nasir Bagh.
Earlier on Wednesday, transporters suffering from fines toll and other taxes had announced not to operate transport for the supply of vegetables and milk, while threatening to close the internal and external routes of the provincial capital.
The Public and Goods Transporters Association spokesperson expressed that all types of vehicles will observe the strike to call for an immediate withdrawal of unfair fines and taxes.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020