PM Imran inaugurates first academic block of NAMAL Knowledge City
Addressing the 6th convocation ceremony of Mianwali 's NAMAL College on Sunday, the premier said modern technology especially in agriculture will be introduced in the country for sustainable development. The NAMAL College should become pioneer in this regard, he added.
Accountability and meritocracy are the hallmarks of democracy & no country in the world has made progress without it. The government is answerable to the people of the country and everyone in the government is accountable for spending public money— Prime Minister's Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) January 27, 2019
- Prime Minister @ImranKhanPTI pic.twitter.com/c5NJoUT1JS
The Knowledge City will include academic blocks, a knowledge center, a sports complex, sports grounds, a hospital, technology parks, business centers, shopping malls, a dairy farm, a resort, software houses, hotels, a primary school, and a housing colony for the faculty.
A total of US$ 200 million will be spent on the construction of the Knowledge City which will be built on the concept of a zero-carbon foot print and completed by the year 2027.
It will have a population of 11,000 with construction spread over 4 million square feet. It will accommodate 7,000 students with 600 faculty members.
Arrival of Prime Minister @ImranKhanPTI at Namal College, Mianwali where he was received by Chief Minister @UsmanAKBuzdar & college management. The Prime Minister will be the Chief Guest at the Annual Convocation ceremony of Namal College. pic.twitter.com/QXwNvbhmGP— PTV News (@PTVNewsOfficial) January 27, 2019
Around 1,000 acres of land is owned by the university where students from 55 districts of Pakistan are studying. With a teacher-student ratio of 1:10, the university has 32 faculty members, including 19 PhD faculty members.
In his speech, PM Imran said accountability and meritocracy are the hallmarks of democracy and no country in the world has made progress without it.
”Accountability and meritocracy are the hallmarks of democracy and no country in the world has made progress without it. The government is answerable to the people of the country and everyone in the government is accountable for spending public money.” @ImranKhanPTI pic.twitter.com/4j2zJR1STp— PTI (@PTIofficial) January 27, 2019
He said the government is answerable to the people of the country and everyone in the government is accountable for spending public money.
He said Pakistan could only make progress by pursuing the path of Holy Prophet (PBUH).
Imran Khan advised the students to learn from failures by rectifying mistakes. He also asked them not to forget their culture, religion and teachings of the founding fathers of Pakistan .
He congratulated the successful graduates and their parents.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019